Post Surgical Cases.
- Muscular or joint related neck and back pelvis pain.
- Check up following traumatic injury eg falling, getting cast, pulling back.
- Muscle Imbalance / weakness
- Muscle atrophy (wastage)
- Peripheral Nerve Injury
- Tendon/Ligament Damage
- Wounds - Non Healing and acute wounds in areas where poor healing expected
- Compensatory Problems e.g. secondary to poor foot balance, navicular, spavin, degenerative joint disease etc
- Non surgical management of overriding dorsal spinous processes of the vertebrae
- Post operative management of overriding dorsal spinous processes of the vertebrae
- Saddle Related Problems
- Schooling problems / performance problems – bucking, rearing, poor dressage etc
- Routine pre and post competition screening.
- Routine management of the older horse
- General ‘MOTs’.
- Encourage healthy repair and minimise scar tissue, improved scar tissue quality.
- Prevent or treat muscle atrophy (wastage)
- Maximise functional return through proprioceptive re-education and rehabilitation programme.
Soft Tissue Manipulation -muscular back / neck pain and saddle soreness etc. (horses usually have two to three days off post treatment)
Electrical Muscle Stimulation - can be used to identify deeper muscular problems and to treat atrophy (muscle wastage) and muscular pain
Myofascial trigger point release -muscular pain, horse can remain in full work after treatment so ideal for race horses and horses with competition coming up.
Spinal mobilisations – using range of movement and reflex mobilisations, (the horse’s natural reflexes).
Laser - wound healing and pain relief
Ultrasound - tendon, ligament and muscular repair
H-Wave – muscle stimulation, mobilisation and pain relief
Massage / Stretches – can be taught to owner as part of regime
T.E.N.S (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) used for pain relief in acute, chronic or post op. conditions
Supervised individual rehabilitative exercise programmes
We are happy to undertake joint consultations with your vet, farrier or saddler as necessary.